I’ve created a piece of free, interactive art to promote this year’s Tiki Art Now III show (curated by Otto von Stroeheim, and opening September 15 at Roq la Rue Gallery in Seattle).
It works like a magic 8-ball. Ask the fortune teller yes/no questions and prepare to be amazed as it reveals the truth time and time again! (Results may vary.)
To create your fortune teller, simply right click on the image below, choose “Print Picture” from the pop-up menu and then follow the instructions!
Signed Fortune Tellers: All customers to place an order from HeatherWatts.com between August 1 and September 15 will receive a signed & folded Fortune Teller with their order.
| How to Assemble Your Fortune Teller:
|1. Cut out the fortune teller and lay it flat with the image side up. Fold in half from bottom to top. Unfold. Fold in half from side to side. Unfold.|
|2. Turn the fortune teller over. Fold all four corners into center.|
|3. Without unfolding it, turn the fortune teller over again. Fold all four corners into the center|
| 4. Without unfolding it again, fold the fortune teller in half from top to bottom. Do the same from side to side.
5. The final step is difficult to explain, but you should be able to reach your fingers inside where the blank paper shows, and from there manipulate the fortune teller until it folds into the correct shape. If you have difficulty, repeat step 4 as needed.
Congratulations! You have finished building your portal into time-space! The fortune teller knows and sees all! Prepare to be amazed!
How to Tap into the Fortune Teller’s Otherworldly Powers….
1. Put your fingers in the back of the fortune teller and hold it with both hands.
2. Ask the fortune teller a yes/no question.
4. Choose one of the three squares labeled “Exotic” “Tiki” or “Fortune.” You will now need to open and close the fortune teller once for each letter in the word you have chosen, alternating between the moais (below left) and the maori tikis (below right).
5. Pick a number from the inside of the fortune teller. Open and close the fortune teller that number of times, with the same alternating pattern.
6. Concentrate one last time on your question…
7. Choose another numbe from the inside of the fortune teller. Lift the flap the number is on to reveal the answer to your question below!